Monday, January 23, 2012

Dell Latitude E6400 Review


The Dell Latitude E6400

The Pros:
  • Good bang for your buck if buy used (my purchase price: $300 on Ebay)
  • Nice optional features – backlit keyboard, webcam, Bluetooth
  • Nice battery life 
  • Runs Windows 7 great
The Cons:
  • A bit on the heavy side for my liking
  • The brush black lid is prone to scratches
  • No hdmi output
This is my review of the Dell Latitude E6400 model laptop.  This business grade laptop is nothing fancy on the outside but is a great performer for the business man or the individual owner.  Mine is stocked with the Intel Core 2 Duo T9400 @ 2.53 GHz which is more than enough power for any computing that I do.  Which the option for 8 gig of ram what more do you need?  There are a few features that I would love to have like an hdmi output and it to be a bit lighter in weight but I’ll spend the additional $300 on something else to make up for it.

My company has over 20 of this particular model and I own one personally.  I’ve had one issue in a little over two years with this model.  After reading a few forums I found the issue to be the CPU overheating causing the laptop to freeze.  When turned on immediately following this, the laptop wouldn’t recognize the hard drive.  After reading further, I discovered that the problem was solved by removing the heat sink and reattaching it to the CPU.  Bam, problem solved.

The Bottom line: This laptop is a good buy.  Here’s why.  You can pick one of these up for around $275 fully loaded from Ebay if you don’t mind having a little scratched up lid(replaceable for $14 on Ebay) and no comfort of a warranty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment